Compassion Respect Kindness Accountability
The Organization: The Group Health Centre is a progressive multi-speciality ambulatory care health care organization, and is one of Canada’s first consumer-sponsored health care facilities. As Ontario’s largest and longest- established alternatively funded healthcare organization, Group Health Centre serves over 70,000 Sault Ste. Marie and Algoma District residents.
To perform ultrasound examinations focusing on delivering a positive patient experience. Responsible for identifying the significance of all structures that are visualized on the monitor at all times; to differentiate artefactual from normal pathological processes. Must ensure patient identification, safety and preparation are correct prior to scan while maintaining patient confidentiality. The Ultrasound Technologist records patient history and documents impressions of the examinations to the Radiologist. Initiatives telephone inquiries relative to patients or examinations. Utilizes proper care of equipment and maintains supplies in examination area.
- Graduate from an approved Ultrasound Technologist Diploma Program
- Current A.R.D.M.S Registration and/or CARDUP with annual review
- Current CMRTO Registration
The Ideal Candidate will Possess:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the Ultrasound Scanning setting; Echocardiogram experience an asset
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated ability in ABD, OB/GYN, and small parts sonography
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent patient care evidenced by well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written
- Well-developed self-awareness, self-management and social awareness skills
- A solid track record of maintaining privacy and confidentiality in the workplace
- Demonstrated ability to maintain successful positive working relationships
- Proven ability to make frequent and independent decisions when performing technological procedures and assessing diagnostic results
- Proven ability to build standard techniques in routine and non-routine circumstances
- Demonstrated care and safety of patients prior to, during, and following the examination
- Demonstrated success in living the values of GHC
- MSK and/or Vascular Ultrasound an asset
- Salary as per the CUPE Collective Agreement – $30.51 to $38.09 commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Enrolment in Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Monday to Friday – some evening work required
- Holidays Off
Applications By: May 24, 2022 – Please apply to [email protected]
Interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume indicating their qualifications for the position by May 24, 2022.
Those selected for interviews will be required to demonstrate their qualifications and required skills and abilities as outlined above. Group Health Centre is committed to an application and interview process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code/AODA. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the application or interview process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 705-759-5513.
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted. Please note the Group Health Centre is a Scent Sensitive Organization.